Improving together the medical learning about NASH to better address its causes and consequences and serve patients.
The NASH Education ProgramTM defines and drives initiatives in collaboration with an independent scientific committee² composed of four international key opinion leaders, well-known and respected in the field, with a footprint in both hepatic and metabolic diseases, and a strong presence in the United States as well as in Europe.
The objective of this public health initiative is to place the practitioner and the patient at the heart of tomorrow's awareness and education actions. It aims at producing essential and relevant scientific and medical knowledge, and at disseminating it towards targeted audiences:
- > All physician specialties, going beyond hepato-gastroenterology, i.e. including diabetologists, endocrinologists, obesity specialists, cardiologists, OB-GYN and general practitioners who will all have a key role to play in the clinical management of NASH patients;
- > Patients and their families, but also individuals at risk, who all need to understand causes, mechanisms and consequences of the disease, to fully appreciate the importance of an early diagnosis and a treatment well-suited to their condition.
- We care about your life.
- 100 million American have a fatty liver.
- 20 million of you will develop liver fibrosis disease as a result.
- 2 million of you will progress to cirrhosis and end stage liver failure.
- This also leads to diabetes and other terrible diseases.
- Some of you will be lucky enough to be listed for transplant, which is the only cure, but 30% of those who do will die waiting. Death by liver failure is long and very difficult.
- Our mission is to help you avoid that kind of death by helping you understand how you are killing yourself slowly and what you can do about it. If you are already ill we will do our best to help you with that process.
This short video from John's Hopkins describes fatty liver disease.
This video below is an excellent explanation of the current situation with NASH brought to you by THE NASH EDUCATION PROGRAM we highly recommend that you click this link to learn more after you watch the video.