- Statistically, if you have two friends, one of you has a fatty liver.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the fastest growing disease condition in the United States.
- By 2020, NAFLD will be the most common cause of liver transplants.
- The incidence of NAFLD has increased 20 times in the last two decades.
- Nationally, NAFLD will result in more than 5 million cases of liver cirrhosis in the next 20 years.
- Fatty liver disease has no early symptoms and most patients are diagnosed when it is too late to avoid serious illness.
Do you like this page?