If you're proactive - probably. Contact Mariel.* She knows how to help.
Unfortunately, transplants allocations are not fair. If you need a transplant you need to understand this. This video does a good job of explaning how the system works.
- The National Waiting List has 120,000+ people and continues to grow exponentially
- The list gets bigger by 4,000 patients that are added every year
- There are only 28,000 transplant surgeries annually, steady since 2005
In a world of organ shortages, families need the power of analytical and strategic information to make wise and proactive decisions to get patients to transplant sooner for best possible outcome. Although “waiting” is never easy, having the best groundwork put together enables your family to focus on health stability and enjoying life together.
To get near the top of the List and be considered for transplant, you must be among the sickest. You may want to seek professional help with your decision of where to seek a transplant. Compare Transplant Centers provides the guidance patients need to understand their real transplant situation. They'll review your personal situation and provides unbiased and strategic comparisons of all the transplant centers within your reach.
We recommend Compare Transplant Centers as they offer multi-listing recommendations at transplant centers in other Organ Procurements Organizations (OPOs) and other Regions, if at all possible, for a final catch-all. You need this research to understand all the possibilities for your exact situation, to understand the best transplant center recommendation/s and possible pairings, based on SRTR and OPTN statistical data and best strategic practices, utilizing UNOS policies and guidelines.
You need the following statistics on all transplant centers of interest:
- The very latest Wait List numbers in any blood type, broken down by MELD ranges, per hospital, Organ Procurements Organizations (OPO) and Region
- The most current available 1 year survival statistic percentages, per hospital
- Recent MELD-at-Transplant percentages, identifying the hospital’s “sweet spot” of transplant probability
- Specific to your liver disease, highlight each hospital’s transplant history by current year and number to date
* Mariel Carr is a Liver Transplant Consultant. She is the founder and owner of Compare Transplant Centers.